martes, 20 de noviembre de 2012

The Other Big Fear

I would have to say, that their was something else I feared about the new Star Wars films at Disney's hands besides the fact of the EU's involvement in the story, and that was the fear that Star Wars would turn itself into James Bond. What I mean by that is that essentially I fear Star Wars can turn into a long running and never ending serial of movies, like Bond. With James Bond, this essentially works because they are all different interpretations of the same novels, but that is very different when you tackle with Star Wars, essentially due to the fact the movies are meant to represent the  real thing. For now, it hasn't been confirmed to whether or not Star Wars will continue after the Sequel Trilogy, but essentially I think it would be best if the story ends when George feels it best to end while he is alive, and not see it end when he is dead and the movies no longer have his story or vision. George will turn 71 by the  time the new Star Wars film is released, so it would be best if he stays in good health and allows the story to go on only until his vision is represented in it.

Of course, we can't know for sure how long people will live, so it's actually a good thing that George already has story treatments for 7, 8 and 9.

I haven't been able to find the interview made to Kathleen Kennedy in Entertainment Weekly about the future of Star Wars, but when I do, I will share the answers and my view here. And finally I would like to end this post by saying that from now on, I won't talk so much about what can go wrong in Star Wars, and I will try to be more optimistic about it. After all, as a very old wise man once said, ''fear is the path to the dark side.'';)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario